1. The mother asked the boys to put ______ everything in ______ order before they left the room.
A. the; a
B. an; the
C. /; a
D. /; /
2. —Do you like pop music or country music?
—______. I only like sports.
3. It was not known ______ he had said during the interview.
4. Don’t get off the bus ______ it has stopped completely.
5. ______ does it take you to wash all the dishes?
A. How often
B. How much
C. How long
D. How fast
6. I wish I ______ in the sun by a swimming pool instead of sitting in this classroom.
A. have lain
B. were lying
7. It is essential that all the reports to be published ______ twice.
A. be checked
B. would be checked
C. were checked
D. will be checked
8. ______ life could be found on Mars was once believed by scientists.
9. ______ food was rotting in the warehouses, the poor did not have enough to eat.
10. The researchers of the project have to be very careful with every part if it ______ a success.
A. is to be
C. will be
D. would be