1. John plays basketball well, ___________ his favorite sport is badminton.
A. so B. or C. yet D. for
2. You may use the room as you like _________ you clean it up afterwards.
A. so far as B. so long as C. in case D. even if
3. Scientists have many theories about how the universe ________ into being.
A. came B. was coming C. had come D. would come
4. For breakfast he only drinks juice from fresh fruit ___ on his own farm.
A. grown B. being grown C. to be grown D. to grow
5. One of the few things you _________ say about English people with certainty is that they talk a lot about the weather.
A. need B. must C. should D. can
6. –What do you think of teaching, Bob?
–I find it fun and challenging. It is a job ________ you are doing something serious but interesting.
A. where B. Which C. When D. that
7. The way the guests ________ in the hotel influenced their evaluation of the service.
A. treated B. were treated
C. would treat D. would be treated
8. All of them try to use the power of the workstation ________ information in a
more effective way.
A. presenting B. Presented C. being presented D. to present
9. The wine industry in the area has developed in a special way, ________ little
A. by B. of C. with D. from
10. When I talked with my grandma on the phone, she sounded weak, but by the
time we ________ up, her voice had been full of life.
A. were hanging B. had hung C. hung D. would hang
1--5 CBAAD 6--10 ABDCC